Monday, November 12, 2012

feather boas & fabulousness...

you know those days where all you want to do is get home...crawl in your comfy pj's...and call it a day?  i had such a day...today...not feeling all that well...i couldn't wait to get home...but i had my monthly networking group that i meet with...with a meeting...tonite!  i forced myself to go...telling myself that it would be over soon...and we were discussing business plans...so i wanted to be there...hopefully to spark some new ideas...and get rejuvenated...

as i walk in...the first thing i notice are these adorable plates on the conference table...of course the word "fabulous" jumped out at me...but it didn't register...



i then saw...matching napkins...and i'm thinking...we are getting kinda fancy here...for our monthly monday nite networking group...


my eyes then saw a rounder of lovely cupcakes...i thought to myself...this is going to be an ok meeting...


and then i turned towards the chair...to plop my handbag down...and on the top of the chair is a lovely & wild feather boa...it wasn't till then that it hit me...we are celebrating my birthday!  what a great lead in to talking about business plans...needless to say...although i wasn't feeling well...i was really glad i showed up...these gals have been my support...my sounding board...my friends...for many many years...and how well do they know me??


all the way down to the lovely cocktail napkins they had for me...i'm thinking they just want me to invite them over for cocktails...what do you think?


thank you eileen, kerry, rhonda, virginia & lois for such a lovely surprise...love you all!  thank you for making me feel so special...and to aimee & karen...i know you were there in spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin